The Manyok Akol Memorial Grant for Creatives
The Manyok Akol Memorial Grant for Creatives is awarded in the amount of $1,500.00 to a resident of any age living in Britannia Woods or has lived in Britannia Woods for a considerable amount of time, and who has shown an exemplary dedication to the creative arts of any form.
This grant is to honour the memory of Manyok Akol, a former resident, volunteer, Summer Camp staff, and youth of Britannia Woods. Manyok Akol was a supportive friend, a caring brother, and a loving son.
With this annual memorial scholarship, the Britannia Woods Community House will continue the legacy of Manyok, Manny, by supporting a young person to pursue their creative dreams.
- Current resident of Britannia Woods (or former resident who has lived in Britannia Woods for a considerable amount of time- more than 10 years?)
- Age: 17-25 years old
- Applicant must be a high school graduate.
- Applicant can be in post-secondary school or out of post-secondary school.
- Applicant must showcase financial need.
- Submit a full application form and supporting documents.
- Mandatory supporting documents:
- Essay highlighting the applicant’s background and need, highlights of academic achievements and desire to pursue education (maximum 1 page)
All applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee consisting of:
- Family representatives of Manyok Akol
- Two members of the Britannia Woods Community House
- Two members of the Board of Directors of The Britannia Woods Community House
Application and Selection Timeline:
- Application open- April 6th 2023 until May 17th 2023
- Application review by the Scholarship Committee- May 17th 2023 until mid -May 2023
- Successful Applicant Notified- end of May 2023
- Applicant announced- May 2023 at the Britannia Woods Community House Annual General Meeting
- Grant award will be given to the successful applicant through a process identified by the Selection Committee