The Eleanor Elliott Memorial Scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,500.00 to a resident of any age living in Britannia Woods who has shown an exemplary dedication to community service and community care. Consideration will also be given to former residents of Britannia Woods who can demonstrate having lived in the community for a considerable amount of time.
This scholarship is to honour the memory of Eleanor Elliott, a former resident, volunteer, Britannia Woods Community House Board Member, and mother of Britannia Woods. She was a loving and community-minded mother who raised her sons and supported many other families in the community through her volunteerism spanning more than two decades.
With this annual memorial scholarship, the Britannia Woods Community House will continue the impact of Eleanor in the neighborhood by awarding one student of any age a scholarship to pursue their educational dreams.
- Applicant must be a current or former resident of Britannia Woods
- All ages welcome
- Applicant must be pursuing a post-secondary degree or diploma in a publicly recognized Canadian educational institution
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time or part-time
- Applicant must showcase financial need
- Submit a full application form and supporting documents
- Mandatory supporting documents:
- Two Recommendation Letters (applicant is to provide referees’ information, and we will solicit the letters directly from the referees)
- Personal statement highlighting the applicant’s background and financial need, highlights of academic and community service achievements and desire to pursue education (maximum 1 page)
- Transcript or other proof of enrollment (e.g., confirmation of enrollment from registrar’s office, tuition invoice, or class schedule)