Position:Family and Child Worker (2)
Fulltime Permanent Position with Health Benefits, Vacation entitlements and RRSP Bilingualism is a strong asset
Pay Scale: $31.62 – $34.680/hour
Job Title: Family and Child Worker (FCW)
Timeframe: Deadline – September 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM
*We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter by email email@example.com.
The goal of the Family and Child Worker position is to support families, individuals, and children to better understand their innate abilities, competencies, as well as their areas of growth and support. Under the direction of the Mental Health and Counselling Director, the FCW will work with families, individuals, and children, to assess and identify societal and personal barriers that are impacting their lives and sense of wellness. Additionally, the FCW is expected to provide support focusing on behavioral and emotional regulation and modification. Supports are provided through the channels of advocacy, case management, crisis counseling, parental & children group programming, mentorship/sponsorship, resource navigation, needs replenishment and systems collaboration.
Successful candidates will be expected to work flexible hours, in accessible locations to accommodate their clients’ needs. Britannia Woods Community House (BWCH) Mental Health and Wellness programs are culturally/racially/socially constructed to be responsive to Black and other racialized families, individuals, and children with unique chronic needs. Thus, the successful candidate is expected to provide support and care from a safe, affirming, anti-oppressive and equity-oriented lens.
- Assess and identify families, individuals and children needs and strengths, according to program requirements.
- Construct support maps and explore goals in conjunction with family/individual/children needs.
- Provide case management and resource navigation support for families, individuals, and children.
- Provide group facilitation and programming support for families, individuals, and children.
- Provide crisis counselling and mediation support to families, individuals, and children.
- Act as an advocate within academic & child welfare systems.
- Support clients in navigating societal social systems / health systems.
- Provide mentorship/sponsorship support.
- Follow program guidelines (confidentiality, case notes, reports, record keeping etc.)
- Carry out discharge planning and service evaluation with families, individuals and children.
- Actively participates and makes use of on-going clinical supervision.
- Work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients -Including some evenings.
- Liaise, consults, and collaborate with community stakeholders and make appropriate use of community resources.
- Implement SNAP therapeutic model guided by CBT framework and incorporate additional therapeutic modalities as required.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned from Mental Health & Counselling Director.
- Bachelor of Social Work / Social Services Worker Diploma / Degree in other social sciences (ie. counselling)
- Must be a member in good standing with a regulated professional college (i.e. CRPO, OCSWSSW)
- Knowledge and experience working with Black and racialized families, individuals, and children.
- Knowledge and experience working with families, individuals and children that coexist with hardships related to poverty, discrimination, and other societal barriers/inequities.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ professional experience working with Black and racialized families, individual and children with concerns related to mental health and other emotional/ behavioral concerns.
- Lived experience of Black/other racialized communities In Ottawa is an asset.
- Experience with developing and facilitating group programming focusing on mental & emotional health, and other emotional/behavioural concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and documentation skills
- Bilingualism is an asset: English, French, Somali, Arabic
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and other databases
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is mandatory.
Please indicate in the subject line; Your name and the position title being applied for. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.